Many Chicago home buyers and Chicago home sellers face dilemmas when getting ready to sell, short sale or when buying a new home in the Chicago area.
Should I hire a Chicago area Realtor® or should I do it on my own?
After all, I have access to the Internet and can find all the information I need, right?
Well, maybe. Even if the idea is really great, in reality, most “do it yourselfers” will end up hiring a full time, experienced Chicago area Realtor®.
- Imagine you got very sick and you need help. Of course you have access to the Internet where you can describe your symptoms, make your own diagnose, find solution, treatment and even medication. Are you going to spend days, months on looking for the best option or… you simply go to see a doctor who will send you home after few minutes with more accurate diagnose and treatment so you can get better and do what you are good at?
- How about legal issues? You have pending court case and need help. Again, you can find help online, read, learn for many months or years and eventually represent yourself in court but do you want to do that? Hiring attorney most likely will be the best option, faster and hopefully successful.
- There are so many DIY programs on TV, YouTube, or CD … how to basically build a home or rehab it. The most definitely it is a great business for companies that make these programs, but realistically to fix anything serious by yourself around the house doesn’t make sense because most power tools that you need for any project will cost you more than hiring a licensed contractor who has the tools and knows better what to do, not to mention quality of the job.
A Chicago Real Estate Transaction is No Different
You have many options out there, many searches, many websites, many “do it yourself ideas,” but no matter how you calculate, being represented by a Chicago real estate professional outweighs any benefits that you might have to be unrepresented.
A Chicago area Realtor® that works full time, most definitely has more available tools and enough experience so your process of buying, selling or short selling your Chicago area home will stay smooth and painless.
Many third party websites give you a lot of information. Unfortunately, a lot of that information is outdated, misleading, not detailed and finally creating a lot of frustration.
When hiring a Chicago area Realtor®, their experience, knowledge and MLS data combined will give you the powerful tools you need to help you make the most informed decision.
Reasons Why Home Buyers need a Chicago Real Estate Professional
- Your agent will give you the most up-to-date list of homes available for sale as of today, so you don’t waist your time on homes that are under contract (pending ) or closed already ( and this is what you come across when searching throw third party websites )
- Your Realtor can provide detailed information for specific area and property based on their great experience, knowledge, and tools they are using so you can save a lot of your time.
- You will have statistics, detailed properties sales, homes sold (closed) and currently under contract, all specifically prepared for you and your unique situation, not generated automatically by the system, like many websites offer. All of it will influence your right decision and will help prepare your strongest offer.
- Your real estate agent will help you in process of negotiation. Most likely the seller has an agent representing them and established relationship. Even if seller’s agent can represent both seller and buyer, I would strongly recommend to have your own (buyer’s agent) in order to avoid any conflict in the future. Seller’s agent will work for the seller and buyer wants someone who will fight for them, not a seller.
- Lastly, keep in mind, Chicago buyers do not pay a Realtor (seller does) and hiring knowledgeable, experienced agent for free….is a really great deal.
Benefits of Hiring a Chicago Real Estate Agent when Selling or Short Selling your Chicago Area Home
- The most important part of the selling or short selling process is to price your home right. Many sellers have unrealistic ideas when pricing their home and no matter if they want too much or not enough… your Chicago area Realtor® will help you come to a sensible price range. Any house in any market can sell when priced right!
- Getting a contract on your listing results from a balance of right pricing and aggressive marketing, especially online and without real estate agent and their help your home might not have enough exposure so much needed in today’s competitive market.
- Your Realtor will monitor carefully market’s activity and condition that will influence success of your home sale.
- Getting many phone calls and visitors, responding to many buyer’s questions and requests especially those unqualified will make you really frustrated. Your realtor will “filter out” all window shoppers and will bring best options / offers to sell your home and close successfully and fast.
- Realtors are skilled in reading contracts. They will help you to understand all prints so you don’t miss anything. These days we are dealing with tons of papers in real estate transaction, especially Short Sale
- Short Sale is extremely complicated process that requires a lot of experience and knowledge, special attention, extra exposure and proper advertisement. Right realtor can short sale your home with minimum stress to you at NO cost. Owners don’t pay anything in short sale transaction. Usually the bank covers all closing cost expenses. ( ask your Realtor for details )
- Negotiating the contract is extremely important and emotional process and having someone on your side who will represent your interest and at the same time would be emotionally disconnected is a great deal – Hire an Experienced Chicago Real Estate Agent Now.
Chicago Area Real Estate Experts
If you are thinking about selling your Chicago IL home, we have years of experience and extensive training in cutting-edge, online marketing technologies for today’s competitive market. If you are behind on your mortgage and don’t know what to do, we are experts in Chicago IL short sales.
The first step in the selling process is to provide you with an in-depth comparative market analysis (CMA) on your home. We will then create a comprehensive online game plan to get your Chicago IL real estate in front of as many people as possible and get it sold as quickly as possible!
We also offer expertise in the home buying process, focusing on the Chicago area and surrounding Suburbs. Give us a call today for a list of Chicago IL homes for sale that are currently available in your area of interest.
As an investor, we have several services available in the preparation for the sale of REO’S and Short Sale properties. This includes a variety of professional sub-contractors who can do whatever is needed to prepare the property for sale. Once the property is ready, we can also help you with your unique marketing needs.
Whether you are looking to buy, sell or invest, we offer Chicago IL real estate services in the following counties, but not limited to:
- Cook County IL Real Estate
- Will County IL Real Estate
- Du Page CountyIL Real Estate
- Kane CountyIL Real Estate
- McHenry County IL Real Estate
- Lake County IL Real Estate
Please give us a call today at 773.671.4663, or fill out the online contact form, and let us know how we can best serve your Chicago Metro real estate needs!
Map of Chicago Illinois