Winter is almost over, Spring just around the corner and many homeowners are preparing to sell or short sale their Chicago area homes.
Spring is always the best time for sellers to put their home on the market and buyers to look for “fresh” listings of Chicago area homes for sale.
Selling Your Chicago Area Home this Spring
Buyers these days have definitely high expectations and are looking for move-in condition homes, so most likely some cleanup around the house, decorative projects or even fix-ups and some construction jobs might be necessary to boost a home’s selling price and get it sold quickly.
If you are thinking of putting your Chicago area house on the market, then consider getting it ready to sell this Spring. There are so many things you can do outside and/or inside to make your home more presentable and salable. Usually the smallest fixes make the biggest impact on overall attractiveness.
A Few Ideas to Make Your Home More attractive to Potential Buyers
The first thing you need to do is contact an experienced Chicago area Realtor®. You will want get their objective opinion on what needs to be done and tips on improvements they would suggest when selling Chicago area home quick. Realtors® are showing many houses everyday and have a keen eye when it comes to comparing homes in the area, decorative ideas, dos and dons
The first thing a buyer will see is the exterior of your home. There are few simple things you should do outside to prepare your home for sale:
- Clean your deck and sidewalks. After winter, pressure washing or simple washing with soap will refresh look of the deck. It is very simple and inexpensive project, but very effective
- Take care of landscaping – trim all overgrown branches and bushes, clean out plants and leaves that have died during the winter, remove all weeds and mulch to brighten up your backyard,
- Clean all windows outside and inside
- Remove everything lying around the yard (toys, tools etc…)
- Clear gutters and downspouts
- Clear cobwebs, leaves from porches, patios
- Make sure all shutters, doors and windows are clean and painted if necessary
Preparing the inside of your home:
- After the winter, holidays and all busy times you need clean out your house
- Start with basics: clear off counters, dressers, tables
- Organize basement / storage area
- Remove as much as possible of your personal items like: pictures, books, etc…. remember, buyers don’t want to see the owner/seller in this house but themselves, so try to keep everything simple and as neutral as possible
- Paint trims and baseboards. Many sellers don’t care about this but freshly painted baseboards and/or trims will change drastically the look and give a strong good impression on potential buyers
- Re-grout bathtubs, showers and faucets if needed
Selling your Chicago area home might sound like a simple thing to do, but in today’s competitive Chicago real estate market, sellers may have to work a bit harder and sweat a bit more to get the job done.
Chicago Metro Area Real Estate Experts
If you are thinking about selling your Chicago IL home, we have years of experience and extensive training in cutting-edge, online marketing technologies for today’s competitive market. If you are behind on your mortgage and don’t know what to do, we are experts in Chicago IL short sales.
The first step in the selling process is to provide you with an in-depth comparative market analysis (CMA) on your home. We will then create a comprehensive online game plan to get your Chicago IL real estate in front of as many people as possible and get it sold as quickly as possible!
We also offer expertise in the home buying process, focusing on the Chicago area and surrounding Suburbs. Give us a call today for a list of Chicago IL homes for sale that are currently available in your area of interest.
As an investor, we have several services available in the preparation for the sale of REO’S and Short Sale properties. This includes a variety of professional sub-contractors who can do whatever is needed to prepare the property for sale. Once the property is ready, we can also help you with your unique marketing needs.
Whether you are looking to buy, sell, short sell or invest, we offer Chicago real estate services in the following counties:
- Cook County IL Real Estate
- Will County IL Real Estate
- Du Page County IL Real Estate
- Kane CountyIL Real Estate
- McHenry County IL Real Estate
- Lake County IL Real Estate
Please give us a call today at 773.671.4663, or fill out the online contact form, and let us know how we can best serve your Chicago Metro real estate needs!